Sunday, August 11, 2013

DIY Photo Collage



You will need:
Old frames
Spray paint

First, gather some old frames you may have laying around, or find some at a garage sale of thrift store. I found these frames at Goodwill, clearly someone had used the larger ones for wedding table numbers! I looked particularly for white frames, because I knew they'd be easiest to spray paint without needing primer or anything to make sure a darker color didn't seep through.


I removed the backing, and then picked two colors that I thought looked good together and also matched the decor for the room the collage would end up in:


Basically, all you need to do is add 2 or 3 layers of spray paint, and you're done! 

Since the frames were so colorful, I though that sepia-toned pictures would be the best so that it wouldn't look too chaotic or messy. Obviously, black and white would also be a great option! 

Here is the final product up in my bedroom:




Click here to get to my original Pinterest post of this craft and re-pin away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment